The Player, Inc., Mission
Player, Inc., was founded in 1938. The
company maintains general contractors’ licenses in North Carolina, South
Carolina and Virginia.
Management credits the company’s
continuing success to the fundamentals
of the Player mission:
To conduct a profitable business with
• Providing our customers with quality
construction at fair prices and completion
• Treating our customers, suppliers
and sub-contractors with respect
and honesty. Customers make our
business.Without them we have no
• Maintaining for our employees workplaces
where safety and employee
well-being are true concerns.
• Being good citizens of our city and
Player, Inc., is a general contracting firm recognized as
one of the leading commercial and industrial construction
companies in eastern North Carolina. Starting in the 1930s,
the firm has played an active and exciting role in the growth
of the greater Fayetteville area.
In 1938 Richard Player, Sr., moved his development
company from Wilmington to Fayetteville and opened Player
Realty Company. His brother Carl joined him in 1939.
During the war years of the early 1940s, they built and sold
homes throughout eastern North Carolina.
After World War II, the company continued its major role
in the growth of Fayetteville, constructing some of the finest custom-built homes of the era.
In the 1950s, the company added commercial construction.
Player Realty & Construction Co., as it became known,
installed the first escalator in Fayetteville at Sears, downtown.
In 1958, the expanded construction organization changed its
name to Player, Inc., emphasizing its full service capabilities. By the early 1960s, the company began to concentrate almost
entirely on commercial and industrial construction.
The company’s growth and highly regarded reputation are
credited to the company’s continuing effort to maintain
quality construction while meeting its commitments to price
and delivery. Regardless of where one goes in the
Fayetteville area, one inevitably observes a church, school,
commercial or industrial building built by Player, Inc.